JEH MacDonald House | Sept 2+3, 2017
Two days only!
Sept 2 + 3 sat + sun
10am – 5pm
MacDonald House, 121 Centre Street, Thornhill
courtesy of our wonderful partnership with the City of Vaughan.
Advanced tickets required as space is very limited.
Join us on a powerful journey towards peoplehood at OH! CANADA? – an interactive exhibit for all ages. Explore how our lives are shaped by relationship, story, and the places we inhabit. Open your mind to the past, your heart to the future, and discover the unfolding story of Canadian identity.
Featuring: unforgettable materials and bold ideas in a beautiful, historic setting. Plus! Many of the Group of Seven-inspired Open House installations, revisited with a whole new lens!
Ideal for: children of all ages, families, educators, administrators, mental health professionals, researchers, homeschoolers, unschoolers, play advocates, creativity advocates, arts+culture thinkers, storytellers, and people looking for meaningful connection and experiences.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance – online or by phone – as space is limited in this intimate setting. Tickets may be available at the door, depending on availability.
- Admission valid for same day only. In/out privileges apply – come and go as you wish! Children age 0-3 – must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- This is a hands-on, interactive exhibit built for adults and children of all ages.
- Free parking available in the church lot on Brook Street – a short drive south of the corner of Centre St. and Brook St. Our signs along the footpath will lead you to MacDonald House.
- The exhibit is located at the beautiful heritage home once owned by Group of Seven artist, JEH MacDonald. To protect this historic home – and the reusable materials included in the exhibit – participants will be asked to remove their shoes indoors.
- Creativity uses up a ton of energy. Please bring nut-free snacks and/or lunch to enjoy in the lovely kitchen. Access to the kitchen available at all times.
- If you have questions about age expectations, physical or mental health concerns, scheduling issues etc, please send us an email We welcome your call: Aviva 416-802-4044 Simone 416-820-1098.